Blue Crew App a Must-Have

Blue Crew App a Must-Have

Britney Broderick, Features Editor

On August 26, 2015, The University of New England’s Athletic Department announced the introduction of a new mobile application called Blue Crew. Blue Crew is geared towards making students more involved with campus sports and activities. The new app, developed by the Student Activities Department and The Division of Student Affairs, allows student to stay connected with sports and events that are happening around campus.

This app provides students with the time and location of the events, so you never have to worry about missing an event on campus. The app allows students to check in to different events and gain points just for being there. After earning enough points, the student can then turn them in to redeem a reward. There will be an end-of-year prize at the UNE Bookstore to the student who accrues the most points by the end of the academic year.

The University Blue Crew App is starting to develop a buzz around campus, but still has a long way to go. There are 50 downloads and counting, however not many people are aware of the application. When asked about the app several students had never heard of it, while others said they heard about it and they had a hard time using it. Some students have found it very useful to find out about the different sporting events coming up on campus. It is still a fairly new app. The bugs are being worked out to make it more efficient to increase school spirit and get students more involved in campus activities. The app is available for both Android systems as well as the iPhone.

Get it for iPhone

Get it for Android