The University of New England's Premier Student News Publication

Nor'easter News

Nor'easter News

Nor'easter News

Queer Column Issue #1: Introductory FAQ

Welcome to The Bolt’s new collaboration with UNE’s Alliance Club! Continue reading to find out more about this column and how you can get involved.
Image+of+Pride+flag+
Image of Pride flag

What is the Queer Question Column?

The goal of this column is to give UNE students the opportunity to ask questions relating to the LGBTQ+ community that they otherwise may be uncomfortable asking. A small selection of questions will be answered and published every two weeks.

Who will be answering questions?

All questions will be answered by UNE’s Alliance Club, a social club dedicated to the LGBTQ+ community on campus. This will help provide answers specifically tailored to the questions received.

How do I send in a question? 

By visiting this link, you will be taken to a Google Forms page where you can submit your question. Students can also find the link to this form through the QR code present on posters around campus.

Will I be anonymous?

Yes! If students choose to share their name, it will be listed with their question. However, as a default, all questions will be attributed to “Anonymous.” This can also provide students an opportunity to try out new names if they wish.

Are there any guidelines for the kinds of questions I can ask?

We ask that you please keep your submissions respectful. All questions submitted will be screened and answered at the discretion of both Alliance and The Bolt. While we will answer as many questions as possible, submissions that include hateful or offensive content will not receive a response.