The University of New England's Premier Student News Publication

Nor'easter News

Nor'easter News

Nor'easter News

Expanding our Possibilities: The Bolt adds Multimedia Category to Online Publication

Interested in giving your multimedia work a platform? Look no further; The Bolt is now equipped to publish photography, podcasts, video and more.
Emily Hedegard
Graphic created using Canva

A new multimedia category has launched on The Bolt! Our Editorial Team made this decision in an effort to further highlight the extensive variety of student talent across UNE’s undergraduate campuses.

In an ever-expanding digital world, The Bolt consistently strives to embrace new, innovative, and creative ways to produce work. Our team aims to illuminate all facets of journalism and allow a plethora of UNE students the opportunity to collaborate with UNE’s student paper, no matter their preferred medium. 

Submissions for the multimedia page are open to all undergraduate students affiliated with UNE and can include anything from digital photography and zines to short films and podcasts. The Bolt has a heightened interest in media that connects to student life, events, and being a Nor’easter; however, we welcome all student work, no matter the subject matter. 

For those interested in joining our team (in any context) or submitting singular works, please reach out to Co-Editor-in-Chiefs Mya Hankes and Emily Hedegard at [email protected] and [email protected]. The Bolt meets bi-weekly in Decary 204 at 6:30 p.m.

The Bolt is the University of New England’s student-run digital news publication. We provide students a platform for their voices to be heard locally and globally— across every UNE campus. With staff in Biddeford and abroad, The Bolt provides exciting and distinct coverage on a multitude of topics. 

Check out this link to The Bolt’s first multimedia submission: